Saturday, December 18, 2010

Try

Reverb's Prompt-a-Day Blog Challenge

December 18 – Try. What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn’t go for it? (Author: Kaileen Elise)

 I want to try to establish a regular art practice. I don't mean that I want to "become an artist." I simply want to practice playing with art materials. In other words, have fun making art for art's sake. I did a little bit in 2009, but put it away when I got busy with other things. Even if I set aside one day a month to make little books, or one day a week to play at art journaling in those cheap composition books, that would be enough. It feels so good to let go and mess around with paint and paper. I want to play more in 2011.

1 comment:

ginger said...

I like this idea and want to also commit to doing more art....just for the sake of creating!! Let's share our results!!