Wednesday, December 15, 2010

5 Minutes

Reverb's Prompt-a-Day Blog Challenge  

December 15 – 5 Minutes. Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010. (Author: Patti Digh)

8 Eastern Bluebirds on the birdbath at the same time, on a snowy January day.
20 Goldfinches on the thistle feeder, with 20 more on the ground below.
Hearing my brother's voice for the first time after his brain bleed, two months later.
Watching a coyote stroll through the backyard.
Started a novel. Why, I don't know.
Listened to Joy Harjo read her poetry, in person.
After the devastating flood in May, everyone pitched in to help those in need.
Lost 40 pounds without trying, all because of acid reflux.
Learned what "macrobiotics" means.
Began doing QiGong exercise routine on my own, on a regular basis.
Bought a frame drum, started learning to play.
Watched a hummingbird taking a bath in the birdbath, skimming across the surface like a hovercraft.
The moon. Always the moon.

Okay, so I cheated. This took longer than 5 minutes. It was really cool, though, because I got to see the advantage of keeping my "sum up the day in as few words as possible" journal. I made the list by skimming through the short entries. It was easy to catch the highlights.

No comments: