Thursday, December 30, 2010

Gift

Reverb's Prompt-a-Day Blog Challenge

December 30 – Gift Prompt: Gift. This month, gifts and gift-giving can seem inescapable. What’s the most memorable gift, tangible or emotional, you received this year? (Author: Holly Root)

As a facilitator of expressive writing groups, I'm privileged to watch people fall in love with the poetry therapy process and rediscover themselves on the page. It's very rewarding work. The most memorable gift I received this year was the comment made by a 78-year-old writer at the end of one of our weekly sessions: "This is the writing group I have been looking for my entire life." He died a few weeks later, but not before blessing every member of that group with his poetry, his giving spirit, his presence. Especially me.

No comments: