Monday, December 27, 2010

Ordinary Joy

Reverb's Prompt-a-Day Blog Challenge   

December 27 – Ordinary Joy. Our most profound joy is often experienced during ordinary moments. What was one of your most joyful ordinary moments this year? (Author: Brené Brown)

We were returning home from a small country town, after an evening meeting. Since I wasn't driving, I decided to practice being aware of only the present moment. There's a particular stretch of this rural highway where, as the road descends from ridge into valley, the woods crowd close to the shoulders. As we drove through this area, even though it was dark, I was suddenly aware of the power of the trees, could almost hear them. It made me wonder: how much do I miss each and every day, simply because I am too busy going somewhere else, rather than being where I am?

No comments: