Saturday, December 11, 2010

Things

Reverb's Prompt-a-Day Blog Challenge

December 11 – Things. What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life? (Author: Sam Davidson)

1. Undervaluing myself. I am worthy, talented, and creative.

2. Heartburn. I am so over it. (I wish.)

3. More stuff. I'm ready to do some major pitching. Nix on more storage bins.

4. Procrastination. It's time to check some major things off my To Do list. As soon as I can find it. First thing I'm going to do: the Living Will.

5. That bin on the closet floor with the old towels in it. And I was saving them for what?

6. The weeds in the St. Francis garden (so named because of the generic statue). Time to reclaim that beautiful, shady space.

7. The rest of the daylilies. Why get rid of them, you ask? Because the deer eat the buds before they bloom anyway. Might as well let someone else enjoy them.

8. Small thinking. I want to make wide brushstrokes in my life this year.

9. Waiting for Godot. I've wasted way too much time over the years waiting on someone else to make a move, or for something to happen. Next year, I'm taking charge, every chance I get.

10. Dust. I will banish it on a regular basis, and give up wishing it won't come back.

11. Indecision. Another form of procrastination. I'm going to quit wasting time studying a decision from 45 different angles before tossing a coin. If I make a less-than-perfect decision, I'll look at it as a learning opportunity.

Wow, look at me. I came up with 11 things and put them down without spending too much time trying to come up with "the perfect list." See, I'm getting there. But I'm sure glad next year isn't 2050...