Sunday, December 12, 2010

Body Integration

Reverb's Prompt-a-Day Blog Challenge

December 12 – Body Integration. This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn’t mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present? (Author: Patrick Reynolds)

You know that moment, just before waking fully, when you're in the doorway between dream and awake? It's that space in which I'm aware of body and spirit, but mind hasn't taken over yet. Those few times when I've been able to linger there, I've felt fully alive and present. Waking up to an alarm clock causes the door to slam shut. I like to awaken slowly, when I can, feel my body against the mattress, and watch the sunlight slip in through the closed blinds and paint the ceiling. My mind is free of judgment. Everything just is. The moment doesn't last long--ego is all too ready to take over and get the day rolling. I enjoy it when I can.

No comments: