Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Appreciate

Reverb's Prompt-a-Day Blog Challenge 

December 14 – Appreciate What’s the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it? (Author: Victoria Klein)

Haha! Umeboshi plums. These little suckers are life savers when I'm stricken with an attack of gastric reflux. When my esophagus starts throbbing--which thankfully doesn't happen often anymore, since I'm following a macrobiotic diet most of the time--I head for the refrigerator and reach for those beautiful, orange, pickled plums. Just a pinch is all it takes, usually, and soon the acid calms down and my esophagus is safe. And if I'm not at home, I use those tiny little Umeboshi Plum Balls in the pocket dispenser. Thanks to my friend Ginger for giving me a box of those.

This year I'm singing the praises of Umeboshi plums. Maybe I'll write an ode...

1 comment:

ginger said...

Ode to the Umeboshi....I love it!!!